A Few Brothers Have Spoken.
You answered five brief questions in a survey last month. Here is what you said:
What is your fondest memory of being part of Kappa Sigma?
- When old members were invited back in the Fall for Homecoming and we served them dinner and they would lead us in singing.
- Good people
- Hell week, the pig roast, the tug of wars
- Friday beer and pretzels after track practice with Ludeke and Yannatos
- Pledging Kappa Sig with my class.
- Bonding with brothers while participating in activities outside school.
What are the top 3 things you gained from your Kappa Sigma experience?
- Being able to take care of ourselves in the house and if there were any problems the Officers would guide us in the right direction.
- Friends, Memories
- Bonding with good people, Lifelong friendships, True meaning of loyalty
- Leadership, problem solving and consensus building
- Getting people to do things necessary for the Chapter despit other time demands, Tolerance of differences among members, Dealing with tension on campus either among frats or between frats and admin
- Friendships that continue over 45 years, so far. Leadership experience as GM. The pride that my son was a legacy at Gamma Xi.
- Genuine, lifelong friendships. Social and networking skills. Dependability, accountability and trust. (ok, technically this is more than 3 things…hahaha)
- Managing the bar, managing the house property, budgeting
How would your life be different today if you had never joined Kappa Sigma?
- I wouldn’t be KZ alum.
- I would not have met 4 of my best friends
- Wouldn’t have the capabilities I have and use today
- I’d probably not have the career I have right now or the vast network of friends.
- I may not have graduated
Share an update (family, career, hobbies, other interesting news) for possible publication in an upcoming mailing.
- I am retired and sell Sports Memorabilia on e-bay. Still Bowling in a retirement league and play Golf.
- Recently elected President of Beta Omega Nu Gamma a local gardening club.
- Currently living in Montclair, NJ with my wife Jodi and our two young sons (Jack is 7 and Miles is 5). Exciting family news, Miles has entered the “maintenance” stage of his leukemia treatments and is doing great!
- Recently retired and planning on spending summers in the Adirondack mountains of NY and winters in FL.
As an alumni association, we strive to keep you connected with the Gamma-Xi chapter long after graduation. What could we do to encourage you to become more active in the association? Perhaps by hosting more fun events? Any other advice?
- Live too far away to be involved. Sorry!!
- Mini reunions of KZ’s in Granville during the Fall football, soccer and tennis season.
- Feel free to encourage any of the graduating seniors in the house to reach out to me/other Gamma Xi alumni if they need networking help or simply want to pick our brains about the job market/opportunities out there.
- Events never seem to be in or near cities where I live
Thank you for sharing your memories and your opinions. Your words mean something to us, brothers. We have heard you and will act on your advice.
Still haven’t taken the survey? Here’s the link.